If you’re thinking about doing a maternity photo shoot, here are just a few suggestions on how to prepare for it:
1. I recommend scheduling your session in between 28 and 34 weeks of your pregnancy. At this point in your pregnancy, your baby will not yet have started to move downward. That means that when your bump is looking high, lovely and round in the photographs.
Lijana's maternity photosession. See more HERE.
2. The wardrobe can make or break a photoshoot. I have a beautiful selection of maternity gowns that you can choose from. However, I always recommend to bring something from your own wardrobe as well. Be sure to wear a nude strapless bra and nude underwear. Also don't forget a pair of comfortable shoes to change into. Most of my gowns are floor length, shoes won't be noticeable.
Jennifer's maternity photosession. See more HERE.
3. Don’t overlook the importance of a professional Makeup Artist. I always recommend professional hair and makeup for your maternity photos. This is an important touch to make you feel your absolute best for these photos. I am working with a several makeup artists and hairstylists and I will be happy to arrange it for you.
Ewelina's maternity home photosession.
4. Outdoor, home or studio. Maternity photos tell the story of your 9-month journey. I recommend to choosing a location with a special meaning to you or based on the emotions that you want to see in the photos.
Colleen's maternity lifestyle home photosession.
5. You might want to bring an ultrasound picture or a pair of booties as a prop to add to your session.
Aiga's maternity photosession at the beach.
6. It is important that I am aware of any medical condition or physical restrictions. Remember that I can schedule a beautiful lifestyle session in your home.
Sample of the maternity image.
I hope you find these tips useful. Do you have anything to add? I would love to hear it! Leave a comment below!